The Manager, Facilities Administration is responsible for procurement, vendor and contract management, coordination, management and oversight of buildings and grounds maintenance, cleaning services, utilities and computer and telecommunications infrastructure, studio and space management, reception and security services and compliance with health and safety regulations and protocols, to ensure the successful and efficient operation of the PA Ballet facilities - both as a physical asset and as a base of operations.
- Manage and coordinate all annual service and preventive maintenance contracts including HVAC, building cleaning, pest control, alarm systems, green roof, refuse/recycling collection and piano tuning and maintenance, and office equipment including telecommunications and computers for staff.
- Manage capital projects to ensure issues such as waste management, risk management and scheduling are addressed and within budget before work begins.
- Develop and manage facilities budget; review monthly utility and service invoices, monitor janitorial supply levels and order as necessary, and submit check requests to Finance Department
- Develop, implement, train, and ensure compliance with health and safety regulations, policies and protocols, emergency procedures, evacuation, and disaster planning.
- Overseeing any renovations, refurbishments and building projects.
- Project manage office relocations.
- Prepare and maintain a master schedule for all Studio activities including Studio rentals.
- Coordinate with Director of Production to manage off-site storage facility.
- Monitor and maintain buildings and grounds at N. Broad location and other PAB property locations.
- Management of Studio Receptionist staff including scheduling, training, and performance management.
IT and Telecommunications:
- Coordination of company-wide telecommunications and IT services.
- Acts as staff liaison with Tech Impact.
- IT triage with PA Ballet and Tech Impact.
- Coordinate the onboarding and offboarding of new and terminating users with Tech Impact.
- Administer IT services.
- Oversee IT hardware and software inventory.
- Maintain phone system and liaise with vendor when necessary.
- Oversee timely distribution of mail for PA Ballet departments and facilities.
- Other Administrative duties and projects as assigned.
Manage and supervise Studio reception staff
Expected Hours of Work
Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Required Education & Experience
- 4-year College degree or equivalent work experience in related field is required.
- A minimum of five years of experience in building management and administration.
- Budgeting and financial management
- Knowledge of OSHA, EPA and EHS requirements and the ability to routinely follow those guidelines and requirements
- Demonstrated experience in project management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, computer technology and telecommunications technology.
- Management and supervisory experience.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent organizational, time management skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to coordinate, manage and delivery satisfactory outcomes for multiple priorities within established deadlines.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Excellent Project Management skills.
- Aptitude in business administration, construction, mechanical equipment, landscaping, IT and telecommunications, purchasing, negotiating, personnel management and supervision, security, and general services.
- Establish and maintain effective and productive working relationships within a diverse and multicultural environment.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Facilities Management Certification
Work Authorization/Security Clearance –Must pass criminal and child abuse background checks
The Pennsylvania Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are deeply committed to cultivating and sustaining an organization that is equitable, fair, and inclusive in artistic expression and organizational behavior, policy, and practice. We embrace multicultural diversity both on and off stage and strive to be an organization where all communities feel a sense of belonging. We hold each other and ourselves accountable to these intentions every day.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.