The Advancement Operations Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the efficient and successful operation of the Advancement Department, which comprises Marketing and Development staff. This position interacts regularly with the Chief Advancement Officer, Head of Marketing, and the Marketing and Development Board Committee Chairs.
- Responsible for gift entry and generation of acknowledgements, pledge statements, and pledge payment reminders; responsible for overseeing accurate and timely processes, developing new systems and policies where appropriate.
- Generate regular contribution reports and oversee reporting process for regular campaign and budgetary updates for meetings of the Board of Trustees, Executive Committee, and Working Committees.
- Create, segment, and assign distribution lists for direct mail appeals, digital communications, event invitations, etc. through Tessitura Database, TRG Arts Data Center, and Wordfly
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive constituent records in Tessitura database, including cultivation and stewardship activity, contact information, research notes, etc.
- Lead the creation of a unified donor stewardship plan for all areas of Advancement Operations, including Individual Giving, Institutional Giving, and Special Events.
- Coordinate the creation of donor listings for stewardship materials including Playbill/Artslandia program, ensuring accuracy of donor listings in respect to giving levels and name recognition.
- Manage the budget process for the department including:
- timeline for annual budgeting
- monitoring expenses throughout the season
- timely submission of purchase orders and expense reports
- monthly reconciliation of department budgets
- overseeing the reconciliation, processing, and tracking of Advancement Department invoices
- Maintain the Advancement Department master calendar and coordinate donor activities with the Executive Office.
- Conduct prospect research and create donor profile reports to support frontline fundraisers
- Serve as department liaison with the Executive, Finance, Human Resources, and IT departments.
- Work on rotating performance duty schedule and participate in donor receptions and events, as required.
- Perform additional duties as required by Pennsylvania Ballet.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in related field required.
- 2-3 years non-profit experience required.
- Experience with Tessitura or other fundraising database platform (i.e., Raisers Edge, Millennium) required.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint proficiency required.
- Establish and maintain effective and productive working relationships within a diverse and multicultural environment.
- Creativity, flexibility, and a wonderful sense of humor.
- Good strategic/ critical thinker; ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Customer service approach to donor management.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment, as well as independently, with little supervision.
- Ability to operate with purpose and accuracy in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, creative, and deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
- Take appropriate steps to promote and enforce safe work practices within each area of responsibility in accordance with policies and protocols.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Budgetary management experience
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must pass criminal and child abuse background checks.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Pennsylvania Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are deeply committed to cultivating and sustaining an organization that is equitable, fair, and inclusive in artistic expression and organizational behavior, policy, and practice. We embrace multicultural diversity both on and off stage and strive to be an organization where all communities feel a sense of belonging. We hold each other and ourselves accountable to these intentions every day.